Fluffy Banana Pancakes
Making Pancakes from scratch is easier than you think. This is a perfect recipe to cook with your kids on a weekend morning. It’s absolutely delicious.
Super Fluffy Super Easy Banana Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2-1 teaspoon vanilla (to taste)
Add Ins: 1-2 Mashed Bananas, Blueberries or Chocolate Chips
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl. If you do not have a sifter you can sift through a mesh strainer and gently push the ingredients through. This step is important to create fluffy pancakes.
- Make a crater in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk, lightly beaten eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
- Mix until lumps are out but do not overwork the batter. Stir in the mashed banana (optional).
- Place large scoops onto a butter or oil coated, heated frying pan or griddle. Watch for bubbles to form and bottom to brown lightly, and then flip.
- Place an oven proof plate in your warm oven. Put the pancakes on the plate while cooking all the batter to keep them warm.
- If using Blueberries or Chocolate Chips, place in the pancakes when you first drop the batter into the frying pan. To make a face on your pancake, push the “eyes” and “mouth” blueberries or chips all the way down to the bottom of the pancake. You should see the face when you flip.
Serve with Maple Syrup or Honey
Time Saving Tips:
- Mix up double the dry ingredients and store 1/2 in bags in your pantry or freezer. Tape the wet ingredient proportions to the bag. Use in place of prepackaged mix.
- Cook and freeze extra pancakes. You can pop them in your toaster on weekday mornings.
- You can easily turn this into an Organic recipe by using the organic version of the above ingredients.