Parents are always trying to find ways to get their children to eat vegetables. We’ve turned a classic Zucchini Muffin Recipe into a Fantastic Retro Redo sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Our CD Secret ingredient is a delicious honey vanilla cream cheese filling. Sound difficult? It’s easy with the new Cuisipro Cupcake Corer.
Zucchini Muffins with Honey Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Total Time: 15 minutes, plus 22-25 minutes cooking time
Makes: 6 Muffins
Ingredients for Muffins:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (per your taste)
- 1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened prefered but you can use sweetened)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini (for picky eaters shred finely)
- Optional Add Ins: Raisins, walnuts, dried cranberries
Vanilla Honey Cream Cheese:
- 3 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and add the applesauce. Stir
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Do not overwork the batter.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini. If using any optional ingredients, add here.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Fill cups 3/4. CD Tip: Spray liners cooking spray so paper does not stick to liners.
- Cook the muffins for 23-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Muffins are finished when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Allow Cream Cheese to soften. Mix in honey and vanilla, adjust amounts to taste.
- Place Cuisipro Corer in muffin, turn and remove the middle. Fill with the cream cheese.
CD Note: To use a knife in place of the corer, carefully cut a circle in the middle of your muffin and remove the middle. The hole won’t be as clean as the corer but the taste will be the same.