Hello,

Welcome to Creative Dish, where you'll find the insider scoop on creative projects and home lifestyle tips designed for today's busy family.

Have A Blast Making All Natural Rocket Pops

Summer is made for popsicles. Sometimes, only the promise of one, will get my son out of the pool. One of his favorites is the Rocket Pop. Those red, white and blue icy treats are patriotic and look great. Unfortunately, the original version is full of artificial colors and flavors. Fine now and then, but we decided to create an all natural version that is delicious, healthy and great for everyday.

The All Natural Rocket Pop

Materials Needed:

Ingredients:

CD Note: This recipe can be made with any yogurt and food coloring. Suggestions above are for an organic and all natural preparation.

Directions:

1. Place about 1/2 the organic blueberry yogurt in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, do the same with the strawberry yogurt. Light color, chunk free yogurt mixes easily (we used horizon yogurt tubes.) To make these popsicles all natural, we used India Tree Natural Decorating Colors. India Tree colors are derived from vegetables. These natural food dyes are a bit expensive but last a very long time.
  2. Add a few drops of the India Tree red color to the strawberry yogurt and stir.
  3. Keep adding drops one at a time and stirring until desired color. CD Note: India Tree colors will not achieve a “bright” red, as they are derived from vegetables. India Tree colors do not add any flavor to your food.
  4. Carefully spoon the red strawberry yogurt into the Cuisipro Rocket Pop. Wipe the insides of the pop mold clean with a paper towel so that the red yogurt is only at the bottom of the mold.
  5. Carefully spoon in the vanilla yogurt. Wipe the insides clean above the vanilla layer.
  6. Gently tap the mold a couple of times to settle the layers. Try to make your layers straight.
  7. Add a few drops of the India Tree blue coloring to the blueberry yogurt. Stir and continue to add a few more drops until desired color is achieved.
  8. Add the blue layer. Put the stick in and snap the mold closed.
  9. Freeze for about 4 hours. CD Note: Yogurt pops will be ready within about 2-3 hours while juice pops take up to 4 hours.
  10. When ready to enjoy, squeeze the sides of the popsicle mold while pulling on the base. For easier release, run the frozen pop mold under warm water for about 7-10 seconds before trying to release the popsicles.

Hot Dish: Make the original version of a Rocket Pop.
CD Ideas: Rocket Pops are a perfect dessert for a patriotic barbeque.

My Creative Dish

Related Posts

1. Free Horizon Organic Give-A-Way

Free Horizon Organic Give-A-Way

June 20, 2011
  2. Graduation Marshmallow Kid Pops

Graduation Marshmallow Kid Pops

June 6, 2011
  3. GLOB, A Truly Natural Paint

GLOB, A Truly Natural Paint

August 8, 2011

6 Responses to “Have A Blast Making All Natural Rocket Pops”

1. Creative Dish says:

momochii says
    Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!

2. marla says:

I wanted to send a special thanks out to the readers of my new blog Creative Dish. I’d love to start connecting with you and get to know you on facebook and twitter.

3. Creative Dish says:

Connie says
    That’s not even 10 mnuites well spent!

4. Creative Dish says:

Patrick says
    PC mtinoor has a higher resolution than TV. Try adjusting the zoom on the tv. Most of the LCD tv have VGA input. If ur tv hs vga then use theVGA it gives better quality. (unless ur going to watch a movie)References :

5. Creative Dish says:

Skuteczne pozycjonowanie says
    I seldom comment, but i did a few searching and wound up here Have A Blast Making All Natural Rocket Pops – Creative Dish. And I do have some questions for you if it’s allright. Is it simply me or does it look like a few of the comments come across as if they are left by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are posting on additional online social sites, I’d like to follow anything new you have to post. Would you list of the complete urls of all your public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

6. Creative Dish says:

kosze z drutu says
    I hardly leave a response, however I looked at a ton of remarks on this page Have A Blast Making All Natural Rocket Pops – Creative Dish. I do have 2 questions for you if you do not mind. Is it simply me or does it give the impression like some of these comments appear like they are written by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at additional online social sites, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post. Would you post a list of the complete urls of your social networking pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

Dish on Facebook

Comments are automatically posted to the Creative Dish Facebook page. Login with Facebook to share your comment to your wall.

Connect with Facebook