We love conscious crafting. What is conscious crafting?
- Recycling household products into great craft to do with children.
- Using earth friendly “eco” products.
- Repurposing old home decor, crafts and clothing.
Call it eco crafting, green crafting, upcycling, recycling, repurposing, transforming or just plain smart, conscious crafting is a great way to have fun, save money and teach children about the environment.
Make A Recycled Rocket Ship using a Toilet Paper Roll
- Creative Dish’s Rocket Ship Template
- 1 Toilet Paper Roll
- Decorations such as: Paint, Crayons, Wrapping Paper and Ribbon Scraps, Scrap Felt, String
- Glue Stick or School Glue
- Print 2 copies of Creative Dish Rocket Template, print setup to actual size on legal paper (Rocket Template copyright @ Creative Dish, all rights reserved).
- Decorate front and back of rocket ship templates.
- Cut out rocket ship.
- Color the end of the toilet paper roll (the rocket booster). Carefull put glue from glue stick (must be sticky) or school glue all over the inside (blank) template. Place toilet paper roll on the center, bottom sticking out slightly. Project Note: School glue may create a more lumpy appearance. Glue stick is best as long as it is a sticky, good quality glue.
- If hanging the rocket ship, glue a piece of string, rope, ribbon to the inside tip of the rocket ship.
- Place top of template (blank side facing in) on the rocket ship and press together. It is easiest to hold the rocket up and press evenly around the toilet paper roll. Trim any “uneven” edges with a scissor.
- Use any scrap felt, construction paper, old folder, old wrapping paper ribbons to make flames.
- Glue on flames.
- Decorate and play.
CD Project Note: Trace the printed template onto any paper surface. Use old bags, fliers, wrapping paper, folders to create super eco rocket ships.