Banana splits are a classic. Kids love them and adults remember them fondly. The original is basically 3 types of ice cream (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry), a banana split in half and placed along side of the ice cream, some chocolate, caramel and strawberry syrup finished with whipped cream on top. Sounds good?
How about adding a donut and a modern twist to an old favorite.
Fantastic Retro Redo Banana Split Donut
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Skill Level: Easy (great with kids)
- 3 of your favorite ice cream flavors (we used vanilla, strawberry and salted caramel)
- 1 donut (we used a chocolate glazed)
- Hot fudge sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Banana slices
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh Strawberry
- Slice the donut in half.
- Add 3 scoops of ice cream to bottom of donut.
- Add hot fudge and caramel sauce (or sauces of your choice). Add whipped cream.
- Top with slices of sliced banana. Add sliced strawberries if desired.
- Add the top of the donut and top with a fresh strawberry.
Like donuts and ice cream? Try our Ice Cream Sandwich redo.