For a fast and easy everyday dinner recipe, try our home made pesto with chicken and pasta. This recipe is so delicious, it is sure to become a family favorite. You may even want to share it with guests.
Prep Time: 7-10 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Total Time: 15-20 Minutes
- Home made Basil Pesto
- 1 lb spaghetti (also works well with spaghetti rigati or a short pasta with ridges such as penne)
- 1-1 1/2 lbs cubed chicken breast
- 1/3 cup pasta cooking water
- Bring pot of water to a boil and salt.
- Cube chicken breasts.
- Prep ingredients for home made basil pesto.
- Saute chicken breasts in olive oil until cooked through. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Add your pasta and cook as directed on box (about 10-12 minutes).
- Make homemade pesto.
- Just before draining the pasta, remove about 1/3 cup of the cooking water.
- Drain pasta, toss in about 1/2-2/3 of your pesto. Mix. Add about 1/4-1/3 cup of the pasta cooking water. Mix.
- Add Chicken and toss.
CD Ideas: For another easy everyday dinner try Gringo Picadillo.