We love fabric and textile designers. Beautiful fabric inspires great creative projects. It is especially exciting when we come across talented designers whose fabrics are also eco-friendly. Lara Cameron is one of those designers.
Introducing Lara Cameron of Ink & Spindle
Lara, based in Melbourne, Australia is one busy woman. She has her own line of limited edition textile which she sells with her partner Tegan Rose through their shop Ink & Spindle. Lara and Tegan are extremely eco conscious in everything they create. They personally design all their textiles and screen print by hand using sustainable methods. As part of their everyday business practices they:
- Promote and use organic, sustainable & fair trade base cloths
- Use only water based, solvent free inks
- Use recycled paper, card and envelopes, and reuse boxes & packaging materials where possible
- Use biodegradable cello for packaging, as opposed to plastic
- Offset carbon emissions through support of Carbon Neutral and so much more!
Creative Dish: DIY craft tutorial by Lara on Friday.
Buy: Ink & Spindle ships to the USA and beyond.
CD Ideas: Lara’s textiles make a great base for modern nursery designs. Buy some of her eco-friendly fabric and creative custom home decor.
In addition to beautiful textiles, Lara is also a graphic artist who has a line of stationary and is available for a variety of graphic design work. Read more about Ink & Spindle’s green efforts on their website.