Why should the kids get all the snacks? After all, you’ve had a long hard day/week/hour too! How about a “pick me up” and a treat. What could be better than a frozen iced coffee drink? Here is a low-fat/low-calorie version with additional treat and splurge options below. Throw in a nutella filled cookie and indulge.
Frozen Iced Coffee with Nutella Filled Cookies
Total Time: 5-7 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
- Cold Coffee or Espresso (we used leftover morning coffee chilled in the fridge until the afternoon)
- Crushed Ice
- Skim or Low- fat Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Splenda (or other low-calorie sweetener)
- Vanilla Wafers
Optional coffee ingredients: vanilla ice cream, vanilla low-fat yogurt, flavored coffee cream, half & half, caramel or powdered coco.
- Put crushed ice in a blender.
- Add cold “black” coffee or espresso.
- Add milk, splash of vanilla extract, splenda.
- Blend until creamy and icy. Adjust flavors as desired.
- Sprinkle powdered coco or drizzle carmel on top.
- Spread Nutella between 2 vanilla wafers. Serve with coffee and enjoy.
Version #2 “Treat”
Add vanilla ice cream or low-fat vanilla yogurt (in place of the vanilla extract). This will result in a coffee smoothly.
Version #3 “Splurge”
Use half & half or flavored coffee cream in place of the milk (store bought or home-made).