Here is a great appetizer to serve at your next cocktail party, dinner party or barbecue. “Mr.” Creative Dish (aka my husband Mike) added this Creative Twist to a traditional Bruschetta recipe. It’s so divine, I literally stand over the bowl eating it.
Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recipe Note: Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- All ingredients for Double Tomato Bruschetta Recipe here, except french bread and mozzarella cheese.
- Any type of roll (Italian, French, steak, etc. CD tip: This also works great with old bread)
- Olive Oil for brushing on the bread.
- Good quality herbed goat cheese log.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in this delicious bruschetta recipe. The flavors are wonderful so no need to change anything. Let the tomato bruschetta mixture sit at room temperature for 10 minutes of so.
- Slice “leftover” rolls about 1/4-1/2″ thick depending on your preference. If these will sit out at a party, slice slightly on the thicker side as the “juice” will soak through thinner toast points. Arrange the slices on a cookie sheet. Brush each piece of bread with olive oil.
- Place slices of bread into a pre-heated 500 degree oven for a few minutes. Pull out when lightly toasted and beginning to brown.
- Remove the toast points and place a piece of goat cheese on each piece. Place back in oven (still warm but turned off) for about 1-2 minutes. Goat cheese should be warm but not melted.
- Add the tomato bruschetta mixture on top of the goat cheese and serve.
Serving this for a party? Why not try a Lemon Basiltini.