Time for another great cocktail. This one is a Creative Dish exclusive. We’ve created a new refreshing martini. The bright, bold, fresh flavors will especially appeal to those who like tart drinks with just a bit of sweetness. Think, margarita, caipirinha, gin and tonics and so forth. While the ingredient combination may be new, the flavors blend perfectly. A great drink for a happy hour at home and impressive enough for your next party.
La Lemon Basiltini, a refreshing martini
For 1 large or 2 small martini glasses
- 1/2 Lemon
- Light Agave Nectar
- Fresh Basil
- Premium Vodka
- Ice Cubes
- Hot Water (almost to boiling point)
- Juicer (hand or electric)
- Cocktail Shaker preferably with a strainer (or use 2 plastic cups, one slightly small so that the top rim fits about 1/2″ inside the other)
- First make a quick infused syrup of 3 tablespoons agave nectar, 2 large basil leaves and just enough hot water to help dilute the mixture. Total amount of liquid should be about 1/4 cup. (For a party, make this x4 – about 1 cup of syrup). Let the mixture sit for about 1 hour. The syrup can be made in advance.
- Fill a cocktail shaker 1/2 way with ice cubes. Juice 1/2 of a lemon. If your cocktail shaker has a strainer, you can juice the lemon right into the shaker. If not, juice into a cup making sure to remove any seeds and then pour into the cocktail shaker.
- Add syrup mixture. (If you do not have a strainer, remove the basil first.)
- Add 2 oz of vodka.
- Shake vigorously.
- Carefully pour the martini into the glass.
Optional: Make a lemon twist
- Cut a long strip in the rind of the lemon (rind only).
- Cut another long strip next to the first and peel off the strip of rind.
- Run the strip over the edge of the martini glass. Twist the rind in opposite directions.
- Add the twist to the rim of the glass.