Here in Miami, we have some wonderful “fast food” chicken restaurants. These restaurants serve up healthy grilled chicken in a variety of ways. One of the best is something called a “chop chop”. The basic Chop Chop is grilled chicken breast cut into chunks and served on a bed of rice, lettuce and tomato. Personalization is key.
Chop Chops are wonderful for a quick and easy dinner, a great way to shake up lunch and a delicious way to watch your calories or fat.
Make A Chicken Chop Chop
Time: 10 minutes using a George Foreman Grill
Skill Level: Easy
Serves: Family of 4
- 3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Yellow Rice (bagged yellow rice or home-made yellow rice)
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
Options: White rice, black beans, cheese
Toppings: Mustard Curry Sauce (my personal favorite), Salsa, Barbecue sauce
- Cook the yellow rice. (Optional, use white rice and black beans)
- Season the chicken and grill. I use a George Foreman to save time.
- Shred lettuce.
- Dice tomato.
- Place rice on the bottom of bowl, add lettuce, tomato, any “optional” ingredients and top with diced chicken.
- Try our Mustard Curry Sauce and blend.
Recipe Notes: For a low carb version, serve without the rice. For a low-fat version, top with salsa.